Poliquin - UberZinc Px is an essential trace mineral found in cells throughout the body. It is needed for proper growth and plays a role in many biochemical reactions in the body. Zinc supports wound healing, immune function, thyroid health, taste sensitivity, and more. It also supports healthy development during pregnancy and throughout childhood and adolescence. Zinc also plays a key role in healthy vision.
The body needs a daily intake of zinc to maintain a steady state because the body has no specialized zinc storage system.
Poliquin - UberZinc Px features two highly absorbable forms of zinc - zinc orotate and zinc aspartate. These chelated forms of zinc are superior to inexpensive zinc salts found in typical products, and are better absorbed and utilized by the body.
Zinc is found in cells throughout the body. It helps the immune system fight off invading bacteria and viruses. The body also needs zinc to make proteins and DNA, the genetic material in all cells. ... Zinc also helps wounds heal and is important for proper senses of taste and smell.
How Much Do We Need to Experience These Zinc Benefits?
According to the USDA, the dietary reference intakes for zinc below are based on age and gender:
- 0–6 months: 2 milligrams/day
- 7–12 months: 3 milligrams/day
- 1–3 years: 3 milligrams/day
- 4–8 years: 5 milligrams/day
- 9 –13 years: 8 milligrams/day
Adolescents and adults:
- Males age 14 and over: 11 milligrams/day
- Females age 14 to 18 years: 9 milligrams/day
- Females age 19 and over: 8 milligrams/day
Zinc is usually available in various forms, including lozenges, syrups, gels and capsules. Zinc is also found in most multivitamin and mineral supplements. These supplements can contain zinc in the form of zinc gluconate, zinc sulphate or zinc acetate. As of now, all are believed to work in very similar ways so one type is not thought to be superior to the others.
The most common signs and symptoms associated with zinc deficiency include:
- Changes in appetite, including food cravings for salty or sweet foods
- Changes in ability to taste and smell
- Weight gain or loss
- Hair loss
Digestive problems, including diarrhoea
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Hormonal problems, including worsened PMS or menopause symptoms
- Low immunity
- Poor concentration and memory
- Slowed ability to heal wounds, skin infections or irritation
- Nerve dysfunction
Top Health Benefits of Zinc
1. Increases Immunity and Fights Colds
2. Acts as a Powerful Antioxidant that May Help Fight Cancer
3. Balances Hormones
4. Fights Diabetes
5. Maintains Heart Health by Supporting Blood Vessels
6. Prevents Diarrhea
7. Increases Fertility
8. Aids in Nutrient Absorption and Digestion
9. Supports Liver Health
10. Helps with Muscle Growth and Repair
Zinc benefits muscle mass because it helps increase the amount of testosterone the body is able to produce following exercise — especially weight-training and HIIT workouts (high-intensity interval training) — because it enhances the conversion rate of androstenedione to testosterone.
Poliquin - UberZinc Px
Package Quantity: 90 capsules