Poliquin - Topical Mag
is on back order
Poliquin - Topical Mag
Package Quantity: 4 ox cream
If we are out of stock we can order it in for you. Use the notify me button.
When you’re suffering from post-workout muscle soreness or dealing with a chronic injury, it can feel like your life is falling apart. Magnesium therapy may help. Essential for life, magnesium has a relaxing effect on the neuromuscular system, helping your body rebound from stress. It also impacts energy levels by playing a role in the absorption of B vitamins and the metabolism of carbohydrates, fat, and protein. Magnesium is an electrolyte and is intimately related to the action of vitamin D and calcium. Together with these two nutrients, magnesium promotes bone, muscle, and heart function.
Despite its importance for human health and quality of life, magnesium deficiency is common. Due to mineral depletion and lower quality nutrition, many people aren’t getting enough magnesium in their diets.
Absorbing your magnesium can also be a problem. Even if your gut functions at tip top shape, oral magnesium has to be processed by the liver before it reaches the bloodstream. For people with compromised GI function, including those with celiac disease, absorption is not guaranteed. Topical application is the smart solution.
What Are The Absorption Benefits of Topical Magnesium?
Humans have been using the skin as a direct pathway into the body for centuries. Once a substance passes through the outer layers of skin, it goes into the lymph and local system of blood vessels. From there it enters the bloodstream. Topical magnesium therapies allow you to target sore or injured areas, raising magnesium levels in muscle cells.
Often paired with oral supplementation to optimize magnesium levels, Topical Mag is specifically helpful for those who have a low tolerance to oral magnesium. Even with high-quality magnesium chelates, some people find that magnesium capsules can lead to diarrhea or other GI issues. Topical application of magnesium can help restore levels through direct absorption of magnesium into cells.
Topical Mag provides magnesium sulfate—also known as Epsom salts. It has been used for years in bath salts to soothe sore feet and muscles.* Research into the use of transdermal magnesium sulfate is in the early stages but studies suggest regular application can raise magnesium levels and help restore magnesium status. Magnesium sulfate also has many clinical uses via oral application, including treating magnesium deficiency, pre-eclampsia in pregnant women, arrhythmias, and asthma.
Clinical research shows the following benefits of achieving adequate magnesium status:
- Improves Sleep*: By balancing stress hormones, magnesium can improve sleep in people with insomnia and anxiety.
- Eases Muscle Pain & Cramps*: By calming the central nervous system and raising magnesium levels in muscle fibers, magnesium can counter pain and cramping.
- Promotes Muscle Repair*: Magnesium improves lactate clearance and antioxidant status for faster muscle recovery.
- Improves Relaxation and Eases Stress*: Known as the “anti-stress mineral,” magnesium helps metabolize cortisol and lower stress.
- Supports Mood*: Magnesium affects neurotransmitters and raises mental outlook.
- Enhances Bone Health*: Magnesium improves activity of vitamin D and calcium, supporting bone strength.
- Improves Exercise Performance*: Magnesium plays a role in powering exercise, ensuring your muscles have the energy for maximal efforts.
- Supports Cardiovascular Health*: Magnesium relaxes blood vessels and helps prevent cardiovascular inflammation.
- Improves Immunity*: Magnesium affects the immune response via its role in regulating inflammation and the function of immune cells.
- Reduces Asthma*: Magnesium relaxes the bronchial airway, improving lung function.
- Reduces Premenstrual Symptoms*: Magnesium protects against PMS, reducing ratings of depression, water retention, and anxiety.
|Serving Size: 1 pump|
|Servings Per Container: About 73|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Contains approximately 77 mg of Magnesium Sulfate per pump|
Other Ingredients: Deionized Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyacrylate 13, Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 80, Lecithin, Alcohol, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid.