Poliquin - Uber Mag Plus Px 2.0 with Tryptophan
is on back order
4-CHELATE FORMULA WITH TRYPTOPHAN TO SUPPORT RESTFUL SLEEP* [NOW 30 SERVINGS]
Ubermag Plus Px combines l-tryptophan and active vitamin B6 with forms of magnesium to support sleep, relaxation, and cardiovascular health. This unique formula combines four different magnesium chelates for optimal absorption and retention in body tissues. It is designed to have a calming effect on the body and counter stress.
Magnesium is essential for life. It has a relaxing effect, helping your body rebound from stress. By affecting over 300 enzymatic reactions, magnesium plays a major role in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fat, and proteins. Magnesium helps the body utilize the B complex vitamins, vitamin C, and vitamin E. It also acts as an electrolyte and is intimately related to the action of vitamin D and calcium. Together with these two nutrients, magnesium promotes bone, muscle, and heart function.
Ubermag Plus Px provides the amino acid l-tryptophan with P-5-P, the active form of vitamin B6 and four high-quality magnesium chelates that are far better absorbed than inexpensive magnesium salts. Most magnesium supplements use a single source of magnesium, which can easily overwhelm a single pathway of absorption and limit uptake. The four chelates in Ubermag Plus Px preserve gastrointestinal function compared to cheaper forms. Low quality magnesium salts cause gas, bloating, and diarrhea because they are poorly absorbed and remain in the intestines longer.
- Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate (P-5-P) facilitates uptake of magnesium, helping to prevent magnesium loss. Unlike other forms of vitamin B6, P-5-P doesn’t require conversion by the liver. P-5-P is found naturally in the body and is used in serotonin production, a neurotransmitter that affects mood and resilience to stress.
- The tryptophan in Ubermag Plus Px improves levels of serotonin and melatonin, both important regulators of sleep*. Melatonin makes you drowsy and has is an important antioxidant that affects immunity and bone health. Serotonin is a feel-good neurotransmitter that helps you go to sleep. When serotonin is depleted, anxiety and tension increase and people have a harder time coping with difficult situations.
- Tryptophan also affects eating behavior and cognitive function. In people with low tryptophan, memory and brain function are impaired. Tryptophan also decreases how quickly you eat, leading to lower calorie intake. Dietitians use it to regulate appetite and promote healthy body composition.
What Makes This Product Different?
Getting enough magnesium is more of a challenge than most people realize. Due to mineral depletion and lower quality diets, many people aren’t consuming enough.
Absorbing your magnesium can also be a problem. Cheap forms of magnesium, such as magnesium oxide, are poorly absorbed, causing stomach upset. This supplement uses amino acid chelates, in which elemental magnesium is bound with an amino acid. Chelates protect the magnesium from binding with other dietary compounds that prevent absorption. Studies show that high-quality magnesium chelates have 3 to 4 times the bioavailability of magnesium oxide, which has a 10 percent absorption rate in the body.
Including vitamin B6 improves magnesium’s enzymatic activity for a more potent effect. Magnesium works synergistically with vitamin B6 to improve absorption and reduce stress. Vitamin B6 moderates the release of stress hormones, such as cortisol. Magnesium and vitamin B6 contribute to energy metabolism and support mood and management of anxiety.
Ubermag Plus Px provides four high-quality magnesium chelates:
- Magnesium glycinate is a form of magnesium that is bound with two molecules of glycine, an amino acid that has a calming effect on the body and brain. Glycine also supports liver health and detoxification and may help the body eliminate harmful compounds such as glyphosate.
- Magnesium orotate is ideal for people with sensitive GI function because it doesn’t dissociate in the gut. It is protective against cardiovascular disease, lowering LDL and increasing HDL cholesterol. It also lowers plaque formation in the arteries that stimulates atherosclerosis. Magnesium orotate positively impacts blood flow and has improved outcomes in stroke and heart failure patients. It can kickstart the manufacture of more myocardial protein to replace damaged tissue after heart attacks while also stimulating ATP so the heart has a ready energy supply.
- Magnesium fumarate provides a form of magnesium bound to fumaric acid, which is formed in the skin due to sun exposure. A lack of fumaric acid is associated with psoriasis and skin lesions. Magnesium fumarate is well absorbed in the GI tract and raises energy via the Krebs cycle. It is useful for people who experience low energy and fatigue by raising ATP energy production and boosting the body’s antioxidant defenses.
- Magnesium taurinate is aimed at lowering anxiety and obsessive thoughts. In addition to easing mental stress, magnesium taurate relaxes blood vessels and improves calcium homeostasis, decreasing heart disease risk. It is also recommended for migraine headaches, reducing hyperexcitation of brain neurons. Magnesium taurate may treat pre-eclampsia in pregnant women and protects the fetus from complications due to elevated maternal blood pressure.
|Serving Size: 3 capsule|
|Servings Per Container: 90|
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate)||5 mg||294%|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Glycinate, Magnesium Fumarate, Magnesium Orotate, and Magnesium Taurinate)||33 mg||8%*|
|† Daily Value not established|
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose, Microcrystalline Cellulose, L-leucine, and Rice Hull Concentrate.